All the world's a Mall and all men and women merely shoppers!

Friday, June 6, 2008

Wishful Pinking


It's not everyday you get labeled a dumb blonde. That too in India. But I have been there, been called that. No, not because I don't understand who the UPA and the NDA are. Not even because I can't place where Nandigram is. It wasn't even because I can't live it up in striped pants and a matching black shirt with a logo on the pocket.

It was just my pink nail polish. It must have been called "Rose Mist" or "Fuchsia Fantasy" or some such. You must understand that with the number of cosmetics I deal with on a daily basis, I usually do tend to forget the fine print at the back label. Coming back to my pink nail polish, all it got me was bad press. So what keeps this bright attractive traffic stopping colour on the judgmental pedestal? What makes it so unintelligent that one look at it on my twiddling thumbs and you mark my examination copies in binaries?

Some say it speaks of frivolity, some casually rub their hands in glee cause its nothing but a sign that am somehow not eligible for a masters degree. All I can tell the super intellectual stuffing is that it takes more than a colour to just mark your character. It takes more than nail polish and lipstick to push your point and make a difference. And what’s more, in the same way, a little lipstick and looking good while at it, can never hurt. It actually makes your personality more colourful and your mind is open to a lot more possibilities. If you think you’re too serious to bother about what you wear and how you keep yourself, then you’ll on the road yet again to finding nirvana in black. And you’re definitely monochrome, one-dimensional and boring. All because you didn’t try some pink nail polish. Trust me!

Anyways, I have decided to work on what I do best- fashion, beauty, boots, patent leather, books, creative things, inspiration and home décor on this blog. And pink is just the beginning. And pink is more than just my signature colour. Pink is what I am when I’m tickled with creativity, and pink is where I go to when I’m desperate for therapy. Pink was a regular song of mine till I hit mid twenties and it was aerosmith who understood that obsession very well. The man in my life only comes as close as Pink Floyd, but he understands pink is my passion. Pink is pizzazz, in my world.

I heard this somewhere. It says “I cannot control how I am perceived, I can only control how I am presented,” so here we are.

Fabuloso Honey, let’s get started then.

0 comments:

About Me

Adore italics. Love bullet points. Absolutely paranoid about commas and extremely addicted to one-word sentences. In love with three people: Jason Bourne, Michael Corleone and my husband. Like reading while eating. Obsessed with traveling, writing and shopping. And let me add, shopping for anything that involves a healthy exchange of dirty notes for clothes and accessories. Want an Andy Warhol portrait of myself. Dreaming of Manolos and Jimmy Choos. Think Marc Jacobs rocks. Both his collection and his six packs. Don’t have any designer wear but know every designer and brand due to extensive magazine reading capabilities. South Indian with an accent that comes out during autorickshaw drives. Own my independence and love the fact that I have achieved what I set out to. Been a copywriter, event management trainee, Public relations executive and more. Ended up in lifestyle Journalism cause my goal in life is to let you know where to party, what to wear and what to eat along with where you can get a super haircut at the cheapest rates. I currently work in a reputed Fashion magazine in India and I'm neurotic.