All the world's a Mall and all men and women merely shoppers!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Wishlist for the Week

Picture Courtesy: Miss Dior Cherie L'eau print ad

Old cassettes are used to make iPod gadgets. Good Stuff, mate.

An entire book written without the letter 'e'. Fabulous idea.

DIY: FREE printable Mini File Folder & Labels for a nice party.

Why my 30s are better than my 20s. A fun report by Marie Claire.


Nikhil from work introduced me to this fabulous shit. Hail fun stuff in Wonderland magazine.


My editor mailed this to me. Still fearless at Vogue?


Plug-o-rama. Mission meets profession. Journalism dilemmas.


Polaroid Street Art. I love, I love.


Brad Pitts Make-It-Right foundation and the homes they are building. I like hot men doing good stuff.


Daily Good is an inspiring quote or a bundle of goodness that you get for free in your mailbox. Pass me some of that goodness.


Specially for those working in Fashion magazines. References galore. Courtesy Nikhil.


A series of screaming pictures from World Famous Design Junkies.


I love crochet. Though, outmoded and outdated, I still think it has old world charm.


Food Art by Nouar. Things that I could actually frame up in my home.


I like printable free stuff. I'm freeloader like that, but hey, these are printable Thank You cards.


Orange is the new Black. I want to include in every way in my wardrobe. My inspiration: Carolina Herrera's 2010 Resort Collection. Good, Ahoy!


MJ, MJ, How can we ever forget you? Agyness Deyn, my idol, does the ever fashionable Michael Jackson. Awesomeness.


Marie Claire finally starts their own Style.com. Lots of good pictures, good shopping and excellent fashion. Go, invade.


Linda Evangelista in a Galliano ad. Super retro stuff.


Beauty and the Balloon. See and enjoy!


Lastly but not leastly, I am more and more getting inspired to write my book. And once the right kind of encouragement comes your way, you are set. Here's my little gyan on the way.

It makes more sense to write one big book—a novel or nonfiction narrative—than to write many stories or essays. Into a long, ambitious project you can fit or pour all you possess and learn. A project that takes five years will accumulate those years’ inventions and richnesses. Much of those years’ reading will feed the work. Further, writing sentences is difficult whatever their subject. It is no less difficult to write sentences in a recipe than sentences in Moby-Dick. So you might as well write Moby-Dick.

ANNIE DILLARD

0 comments:

About Me

Adore italics. Love bullet points. Absolutely paranoid about commas and extremely addicted to one-word sentences. In love with three people: Jason Bourne, Michael Corleone and my husband. Like reading while eating. Obsessed with traveling, writing and shopping. And let me add, shopping for anything that involves a healthy exchange of dirty notes for clothes and accessories. Want an Andy Warhol portrait of myself. Dreaming of Manolos and Jimmy Choos. Think Marc Jacobs rocks. Both his collection and his six packs. Don’t have any designer wear but know every designer and brand due to extensive magazine reading capabilities. South Indian with an accent that comes out during autorickshaw drives. Own my independence and love the fact that I have achieved what I set out to. Been a copywriter, event management trainee, Public relations executive and more. Ended up in lifestyle Journalism cause my goal in life is to let you know where to party, what to wear and what to eat along with where you can get a super haircut at the cheapest rates. I currently work in a reputed Fashion magazine in India and I'm neurotic.